21 Like 2 Dislike
Akureyri, capital city of the north of Iceland, is charming and fun. The botanical garden is the most colorful we've ever seen! The sculptures by an Icelandic artist, of scraps of wood, are all over town and are unique and great fun!
Recorded September 5, 2008. Akureyri is a town in the northern part of Iceland. It is the second largest urban area after the Greater Reykjavík area. The town has a total population of 17,304. Akureyri is positioned on the west side of the inland end of the fjord Eyjafjörður. It is surrounded by mountains, the highest being Súlur at 3980 feet and Hlíðarfjall at 3661 feet. This video begins as we sail into Akureyri on the Sea Princess. Next we get a nice view of a northern bottlenose whale playing with her calf in the harbour. That is followed by a walk through the downtown area. The video concludes back on board the Sea Princess as we sail away from Akureyri. From: http://timvp.com
Akureyri is Iceland's 2nd largest city. It is on the north side oof the island very near the Artic Circle. This video shows the city bus system, which is free , and the Iintercity buses that operate from Akureyri. Note that the last bus (intercity) in the video is a Chinese King Long.
Walking downtown Akureyri and the waterfront in the North of Iceland. Akureyri (pronounced ‘ah-koo-rare-ee’) is Iceland’s second biggest city but has a population of only 18,000. It sits at the end of the Eyjafjörður fjord and is a popular day stop for cruise ships, there was a different ship there every day. Although, as they were not massive ships, they didn’t overwhelm the small town. The Akureyrarkirkja (Church of Akureyri) sits on a hill above the town and has great views over the town. The church was designed by Guðjón Samúelsson, the same man who designed the Hallgrímskirkja, the landmark church in Reykjavik. Akureyri is about a 6-hour drive from Reykjavik but you can fly there with Air Iceland. See More Iceland Trips: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvLoC9ZcTe_QyrbtsIPeqhQP_ITKJAZmj EQUIPMENT - DJI Osmo, Canon EOS 80D Music Track: ‘From Two On’ https://soundcloud.com/miroleon/from-two-on Artist: https://soundcloud.com/miroleon ‘From Two On’ is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/) Track: ’50 New Cities’ https://soundcloud.com/nicolai-heidlas/inspirational-background-music-50-new-cities Artist: https://soundcloud.com/nicolai-heidlas ’50 New Cities” is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/) Travel Videos Added Weekly - Not All Vloggers Say ‘HiGuys’ or use the the word 'Awesome' for something trivial!!!! Couples travel, hotels, flight reviews, city breaks, luxury travel and various other travel related stuff. SUBSCRIBE to our channel https://www.youtube.com/c/Flydriveexplore?sub_confirmation=1 READ MORE or CONTACT US at http://www.flydriveexplore.com TWITTER https://twitter.com//FlyDriveExplore FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/flydriveexplore/ INSTAGRAM https://www.instagram.com/flydriveexplore/ PINTEREST https://uk.pinterest.com/flydriveexplore/
Views from Akureyri. My photos. Enjoy!
DashCam video from Iceland. This provides you with the ability to virtually drive in Iceland. This video takes you on a 9km drive around the town of Akureyri.
- Commentary on Video 00:07
- Dominos ahead, yes they are even here! 01:03
- Driving along Horgarbraut 01:26
- Driving along Glerarbraut 02:10
- We head up Strandgata 03:45
- Then into Skipagata 04:25
- Up Kaupvangsstraeti 05:30
- The church stairs on the left! 05:45
- The street changes to Thingvallastraeti 06:25
- The Akureyri swimming pool on the left 06:40
- We turn left into Thorunnarstraeti 07:23
- Arrival at the swimming pool car park 08:30
- Leaving the swimming pool 09:50
- I have to remember to stay on the right! 10:10
- Back on Thorunnarstraeti heading the other way 10:55
- Nice view across the fjord 12:00
- Dead end! 13:06
- Now on Helgamagrastrati Skinny Helgi Street!) 13:45
- Turn down Bjarkarstigur 14:30
- Left into Munkathverarstraeti 15:03
- Back on Glerargata 16:50
- Left into Strandgata 18:00
- Now on Hjaleyrargata 18:55
- Viking brewery on the left! 19:55
- Bonus is a grocery chain 21:38